I am currently an assistant professor with the Department of Computing and Software at McMaster University.
Research: I am broadly interested in the area of constructing dependable systems. This includes techniques for monitoring, synthesis, and model-based development of parallel/distributed and real-time systems. I am also very much interested in distributed optimization problems. In particular, I am currently working on:
- Distributed autonomous vehicle routing and, in particular, unmanned aerial systems (UASs),
- Resource-aware runtime monitoring of distributed and secure real-time embedded systems,
- Rigorous performance evaluation of parallel/distributed algorithms,
- Model-based implementation of distributed applications, and
- Developing automaded program synthesis and repair algorithms
Teaching. In Winter 2017, I will be teaching:
- Undergrad-level course Distributed/Parallel Computing Systems (CompSci/SfwrEng 4F03)
- Undergrad-level course Operating Systems (SfwrEng 3SH3)
- FORTE'17, PC member.
- ICDCN'18, PC member.
- SRDS'17, PC member.
- PODC'17, PC member.
- IPDPS'17, PC member.
- DATE'17, PC member.
- RV'17, PC member.
- iFM'17, PC member.
- SSS'16, PC chair.
- EUC'16, PC Track chair.
- FACS'16, PC member.
- SRDS'16, PC member.
- RV'16, PC member.
- iFM'16, PC member.
- NFM'16, PC member.
Passion: So, let us not be blind to our differences - - but let us also direct attention to our common interests and to means by which those differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. ---- John F. Kennedy
Passion: There never was a good war or bad peace. ---- Benjamin Franklin