New Graduate Students Frequently Asked Questions

I need information for off-campus housing and hospitality services
Please visit the link for general student services This page outlines information such as athletics, housing and dining.
I am not clear about my payment agreement
For your payment agreement, please either contact your supervisor or the School of Graduate Studies if your payment agreement is effecting your on-line registration (
What are SGS 101 and SGS 201?
These on-line courses that is required from all Graduate students to be completed within the first year of starting. SGS 101 is an Ethics course and SGS 201 provides information on Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities. You need to register for both courses via Mosaic.
What courses should I be taking?
Before registering for courses you should
  1. speak with supervisor and
  2. check the regulations for your program (Degree Regulations)
As a Graduate student, what other administrative responsibilities do I have?
Please take note that all Grad students must complete health and safety training as soon as possible. Please refer to the EOHSS site. For more information please use your Computing and Software Handbook for guidance.
How do I change my current status or petition for a special consideration?
The School of Graduate Studies website has forms under sub-heading "Students" which has a link to request to change your status, a form for special consideration, as well as other forms specifically for Grad students. (form link)
© 2006 McMaster University  |   1280 Main Street West  |   Hamilton, Ontario L8S4L8  |   905-525-9140  |   Contact Us   |   Terms of Use & Privacy Policy