First deliverable: High-concept document
- High concept (basic idea of the game)
- Features which make it different
- Basic idea of the world, and the characters of that world
- Player's motivation
- Unique selling points
- Similar games, and games that inspired this one [not just a list, but a proper description]
- Target market (i.e. target player profile)
- Design Goals
Should answer the following questions:
- What is the 'history' of this world
- What motivates the characters in this world (including the player)
- What is going to be the graphic style? Sound/music style? Why?
- Is there a background story to this game? Is there a story being played out in the game?
- What is the player's goal?
- What are the winning and/or termination conditions?
- Are there specific items in this game that are 'special'? Specific locations?
- Will it be open world?
- What will be the player's role? Player's primary interaction model?
- What will be the principal camera model?
- What is the experience that you are designing for the player?