- Ph.D., 1979, "The Solution of Large Systems of Linear Algebraic Equations with Applications in Boundary Element Methods"
- M.Sc., 1974, "The Motion of Record Styli & Distortion in Hi-Fi Turntable Systems"
- B.Sc. (Hons), 1971, Applied Mathematics
- B.Sc., 1970, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics
These degrees were obtained at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Software certification - see McSCert above. Also, I am a founding member of the Software Certification Consortium (SCC). Link coming soon.
- Real-time and embedded systems - especially
- Timing issues in requirements and software design
- Tabular expressions - and their use in industry
- Software tools for rigorous software development
- Methods for rigorous software development
- Software engineering education
- CAS 703, Software Design (2004)
- CAS 753, Specifying, Implementing and Verifying
Timing Behaviours for Hard Real-Time Systems (2007, 2008, 2011)
- ENG 1D04, Engineering Computation (2006-2008)
- SFWR ENG 2AA4, Software Design I (2004-2006, 2010)
- SFWR ENG 3E03, Design & Selection of Sequential
Programming Languages (2000-2001)
- SFWR ENG 3F03, Machine Level Programming (2003-2006)
- SFWR ENG 3K04, Software Development (2008, 2010)
- SFWR ENG 3X03, Scientific Computation and
Mathematical Simulation (2005)
- SFWR ENG 4G06/TRON 4TB6, Senior Design Project