MGST is a testing bed for resource management policies in Desktop Grid Architecture.
MGST was designed to be a testing environment that gives testers the ability to simulate a heterogeneous grid in the case that homogeneous servers are being used. In addition, MGST is extensible in a way that allows testers to add new scheduling schemes.
Motivation behind MGST
- The ability to test scheduling schemes under realistic conditions.
- To able to test Desktop grids that have heterogeneous nodes.
- To perform the tests in a timely simple manner.
What is MGST?
- A framework for the performance evaluation of resource management strategies.
- MGST is flexible and extensible.
How does MGST work?
- MGST-server software is installed on the servers (nodes).
- MGST-mapper software is installed on a central Mapper.
- The Scheme is defined by extending a java class.
- Perform test and analysis.
Using MGST provides insight not achievable by other means, such as simulation.
- Implementation issues/oversights in modeling.
- Performance Analysis.
To be added to the mailing list for further updates please send an email here