Department of Computing and Software
Hamilton, Ontario, L8S 4K1
|| 1-905-525-9140, ext. 24161
Ned Nedialkov was born and raised in Bulgaria. He received M.Sc. (1995) and Ph.D. (1999) degrees in Computer Science at the University of Toronto, and has been with the Department of Computing and Software at McMaster University since 1999. He was a long-term visitor during the Thematic Year on Numerical and Computational Challenges in Science and Engineering at the Fields Institute 2001-02, spent a sabbatical year at the Center for Applied Scientific Computing at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in 2005-06, and was a guest of the Arénaire project at École Normale Supérieure de Lyon in the summer of 2008.
His research is in the general area of scientific computing and mathematical software with emphasis on interval numerical methods for differential equations and numerical methods for differential-algebraic equations. He is the author of the VNODE and VNODE-LP packages for computing rigorous bounds on solutions in initial-value problems for ordinary differential equations, and the DAETS package for solving high-index differential algebraic equations.
N. Nedialkov is also a Co-Principal Investigator
of the McMaster University GPU Education Center.
Teaching Winter 2016
- J. D. Pryce, N. S. Nedialkov and G. Tan. DAESA — a Matlab Tool for Structural Analysis of Differential-Algebraic Equations: Theory.
ACM TOMS 41(2), 9:1-9:20, 2015
- N. S. Nedialkov, J. D. Pryce, and G. Tan.
Algorithm 948: DAESA—A Matlab Tool for Structural Analysis of Differential-Algebraic Equations: Software. ACM TOMS, 41(2) 12:1-12:14, 2015
- N. S. Nedialkov. Implementing a Rigorous ODE Solver through Literate Programming.
Modeling, Design, and Simulation of Systems with Uncertainties. Springer, 3-19, 2011
- N. S. Nedialkov and J. D. Pryce. Solving Differential-Algebraic Equations by Taylor Series (I): Computing Taylor Coefficients. BIT 45(3), 561-591, 2005.
- N. S. Nedialkov and J. D. Pryce. Solving Differential-Algebraic Equations by Taylor Series (II): Computing the System Jacobian. BIT 47(1), 121-135, 2007.
- N. S. Nedialkov and J. D. Pryce. Solving Differential-Algebraic Equations by Taylor Series (III): the DAETS Code. J. Numerical Analysis, Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 3, 61-80, 2008.
- N. S. Nedialkov and K. R. Jackson. A New Perspective on the Wrapping Effect in Interval Methods for Initial Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations. In A. Facius, U. Kulisch,
and R. Lohner, editors, Perspectives on Enclosure Methods, 219–264, Springer-Verlag,
Vienna, Austria, 2001.
- N. S. Nedialkov, K. R. Jackson and G. F. Corliss.Validated Solutions of Initial Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 105(1), 21-68, 1999.